These tasty cupcakes are best served hot, but are equally delicious cold. They make a perfect pudding, especially when drizzled with custard 🙂
- 150 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 3 x Granny Smith Apples
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 100 g Demerera Sugar
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 80 g Unsalted Butter softened & cubed
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Add the plain flour, 1tsp of the cinnamon and the cubed unsalted butter into a bowl and rub together with your fingertips until all the lumps are gone.
- Add the demerera sugar, mix well and then put to one side.
- Next peel & finely dice the apples into 6-7mm pieces and put to one side.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add the flour and cinnamon and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cases.
- Then get the apple pieces and evenly distribute them over the 12 cupcakes, placing it on top of the batter.
- Finally top each cupcake with the crumble mix making sure you spread it right to the edges.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
- Best served hot.