These moist appley cupcakes go perfectly with their creamy custard buttercream 🙂
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 175 g Bramley Apple Sauce with the type with chunks not smooth
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- 3 tbsp Custard Powder
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 225 g Unsalted Butter Softened
- 500 g Fondant Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add the flour and mix until smooth.
- Finally add the apple sauce & mix until thoroughly blended.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cases.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until the sponge springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl or cup mix together the custard powder and milk until it forms a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a large bowl and add the softened butter. Mix together until completely blended.
- Then add the icing sugar and mix together until creamy and lump free.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cake.