This carrot cake recipe is both moist and nutty and as as it contains a vegetable we can all tell ourselves it’s healthy! Hahaha! 🙂
- 350 ml Vegetable Oil
- 4 x Medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 400 g Caster Sugar
- 250 g Self-Raisng Sugar
- 300 g Grated Carrots
- 100 g Chopped Walnuts
- 225 g Cream Cheese
- 110 g Unsalted Butter
- 450 g Icing Sugar
- 5 ml Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line 2x 7.5" cake tins
- Pour the oil into a large bowl
- Add the eggs and beat together.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Then add the flour and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Finally add the grated carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Divide the batter into the 2 tins.
- Bake for around 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the tins and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together the softened butter and cream cheese.
- Then add the icing sugar and vanilla, mixing together until creamy and lump free.
- Once the cakes are cool, place one of the cakes upside down with the flat side up.
- Spread a generous layer of the frosting on top and then place the other cake on top, the right way up. Spread the remaining frosting on top.