This delicious, creamy cheesecake is not only easy to make, but it’s also gluten free! 🙂
- 250 g Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits I used Tesco Free From
- 140 g Salted Butter
- 250 g Mascarpone Cheese
- 60 g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 225 ml Thick Double Cream
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 tbsp Milk
- Green Food Colouring
- 1 x Mint Aero Bar
- Line an 8" loose bottom tin with baking paper.
- Crumble the digestive biscuits into a bowl and then crush them into crumbs with the end on a rolling pin or a wooden spoon.
- Then melt the butter and add it to the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Tip the biscuit mix into the tin and press down using a fork or your hand and then pop it into the fridge for 10mins whilst you make the topping.
- Place half the mascarpone, and half the caster sugar in a bowl and beat together.
- Using a separate bowl do the same with the other half of the mascarpone and sugar.
- Place the 4tbsp of cocoa powder into a mug, then add the milk and mix to a smooth paste.
- Now add the paste to one of the bowls of mascarpone and mix thoroughly until completely blended.
- Then add the peppermint and a few drops of green colouring to the other bowl of mascarpone and mix thoroughly until completely blended.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, whisk the cream until stiff.
- Then add half of the whipped cream to each of the bowls of mascarpone and fold it in carefully until completely combined.
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and carefully spoon the green mixture over the biscuit, making sure to spread it as evenly as possible.
- Then add the chocolate mixture and spread it out with the back of a spoon, again making sure to get it as smooth and even as possible.
- Finally crumble the Aero bar over the top of the cheesecake, (I find breaking it into squares and then placing it into a sandwich bag and gently hitting it with a rolling pin crumbles it nicely without it melting in your fingers).
- Place the tin in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- When the cheesecake it completely set, remove it from the tin and carefully peel away the baking paper, the best way to do this is by placing the tin on a mug and pushing down on the tin.
- Place the cheesecake on a plate & enjoy!