This Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe is delicious, moist, zingy and so simple to make! 🙂
For the cake
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- Zest of 2x Lemons
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- Drop of Yellow Food Colour optional
For the topping
- 2 tbsp 30ml Lemon Juice
- 125 g Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Grease & line a 7.5" tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add the lemon juice & zest and mix well.
- You can if you wish add a tiny drop of yellow food colouring at this stage, but only a very tiny amount just to enhance the natural yellow colour.
- Finally add the flour and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the tin and bake for around 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and place face up on wire a wire rack.
- Immediately whilst the cake is still hot, mix together the lemon juice and sugar.
- Spoon the mixture onto the top of the cake so it runs down the side of the cake, try and get it as even as possible so the entire top of the cake is covered.
- Then leave until completely cool before enjoying!