This Shortcrust Pastry recipe is perfect for savoury pies & tarts and can also be used with sweet fillings instead of sweet shortcrust pastry if you prefer.
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 100 g Chilled Butter cubed
- Pinch of Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Cold Water
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the cubed chilled butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Then stir in the salt.
- Finally add 2-3 tbsp of cold water a tbsp at a time and mix together until you have a firm dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 30mins before use.