These Vanilla Chai cupcakes are sophisticated and classy, yet simple to make. Delicious, moist Chai tea sponge, topped with creamy vanilla buttercream.
Vanilla Chai Cupcake Recipe
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- 3 x Chai Tea Bags
- 50 ml Boiling Water
- 500 g Fondant Icing Sugar
- 250 g Unsalted Butter softened
- 5 ml Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Put the 3 tea bags in a cup, pour the boiling water over them and put to one side for 5mins.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Squeeze the tea bags into the cup to extract the liquid and pour it into the batter.
- Tear a hole in one of the tea bags and take out 2 big pinches of the tea and add it to the batter, before mixing thoroughly.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cases.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until the sponge springs back when pressed lightly.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together the icing sugar and the vanilla.
- Then add the softened butter and mix together until creamy and lump free.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cake.