One thing I have really missed since finding out I have a milk allergy 13yrs ago, is cheesecake! I haven’t had one in all that time, and clearly that is criminal, so I decided to come up with this tasty Vegan Coconut & Lime Cheesecake recipe to end the drought!
One thing I cannot stress enough though is the importance of soaking the cashews for long enough and making sure you blend them until they are completely smooth! I was impatient the first time I made this and only soaked them for 2hrs, which resulted in a horrible gritty texture instead of a smooth, creamy one.
- For the base
- 1 pk 300g Plain Hobnob Biscuits
- 150 g Stork Baking Block
- For the topping
- 400 g Cashews
- 250 ml Alpro Coconut Cuisine Cream
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 4 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 2 x Limes Zest & Juice
- 1/2 tsp Foodie Flavours Coconut Flavouring
- 4-5hrs before you want to make the cheesecake topping, place the cashews into a bowl of water and leave to soak.
- Grease and line the bottom of an 8" loose bottom tin.
- Crush up the Hobnobs by placing them in a sandwich bag and bashing with a rolling pin.
- Melt the Stork block by microwaving for a minute or heating on the hob and then stir in the biscuit crumbs.
- Transfer to the greased tin and press down with the back of a fork.
- Place the tin in the fridge and leave there until the cashews have finished soaking.
- Once they have soaked for at least 4hrs, drain the cashews and place in a food processor along with the coconut cream, coconut oil, agave, lime zest & juice and coconut flavouring and blend together until smooth and creamy. This could take 5mins depending on how powerful your processor is.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the chilled biscuit base and then return to the fridge for at least 3hrs before serving.