If you only ever have one cupcake recipe, these Very Vanilla Cupcakes should be the one! It is a perfect basic go to cupcake recipe that can be used for all occasions and virtually everyone will like it’s simple flavour!
Very Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 10 ml Vanilla Extract
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- 500 g Fondant Icing Sugar
- 250 g Unsalted Butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add 5ml of the vanilla and mix well.
- Finally add the flour and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cases.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until the sponge springs back when pressed lightly.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together the icing sugar and the remaining 5ml of vanilla.
- Then add the softened butter and mix together until creamy and lump free.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cake.