So what could be nicer than cheesecake made with Nutella? How about one that’s covered in salted caramel too! My kids tell me it’s the ‘nicest cheesecake ever’ and who am I to argue! 😉 Here is my Nutella Salted Caramel Cheesecake recipe.
For The Cheesecake
- 250 g Digestive Biscuits
- 140 g Salted Butter
- 4-5 Large Heaped Spoons / 200g Nutella
- 250 g Mascarpone Cheese
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 225 ml Thick Double Cream
- 1/2 Cadbury's Flake
For The Salted Caramel
- 100 g Granulated Sugar
- 45 g Salted Butter
- 60 ml Thick Double Cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Line an 8" loose bottom tin with baking paper.
- Crumble the digestive biscuits into a bowl and then crush them into crumbs with the end on a rolling pin or a wooden spoon.
- Then melt the butter and ad it to the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Tip the biscuit mix into the tin and press down using a fork or your hand and then pop it into the fridge for 10mins whilst you make the topping.
- In a large bowl beat together the mascarpone, vanilla and caster sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, whisk the cream until stiff.
- Then add the whipped cream to the mixture and fold it in carefully until completely combined and put to one side.
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and spoon the Nutella over it, using the back of the spoon to spread it evenly across the biscuit.
- Then add the cream mixture and spread it out with the back of a spoon, making sure to get it as smooth and even as possible.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 5 hours until set & whilst the cheesecake sets make the salted caramel.
- Put the sugar into a small saucepan and heat it over a medium heat, making sure to stir it constantly with a wooden spoon.
- The sugar will form lumps and will burn if you stop stirring, but it will eventually turn into a thick brown liquid.
- When the sugar has completely melted, add the butter straight away and continue to stir until it is completely melted
- Then slowly, drizzle the cream into the mixture still constantly stirring, which will cause the mixture to bubble.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute and then remove from the heat and stir.
- Sprinkle over the salt and mix thoroughly, then put to one side to cool.
- When the cheesecake it completely set, remove it from the tin and carefully peel away the baking paper, the best way to do this is by placing the tin on a mug and pushing down on the tin.
- Place the cheesecake on a plate and crumble the flake over the top of it.
- Finally mix the salted caramel and the drizzle it over the top of the cheesecake & enjoy!